What is going on with the Republic of Lakotah?
- Russell Means will tell you himself…? (updated for year 2009)
“To be Sovereign, you must act Sovereign” – Russell Means
How do we immigrate to the Republic of Lakotah?
- Study the 158 Year Struggle for Legal Justice so that you will be grounded in the context of the legal basis for the Republic of Lakotah.
- Move to the RoL within the five state “Treaty Area” in a financially self-sufficient way.
- Currently, the laws of South Dakota and the United States are applicable to all immigrants.
- At this time, there is no need for anybody to “renounce” their U.S. or other citizenship to immigrate here.
- You can Contact Us for real estate guidance
- Understand that freedom is for those that are free to be responsible. This invitation is open to all the sacred races; to all of those that have an open heart and a love for Grandmother Earth.
- To move to “off-reservation lands” within the “Treaty Area,” you can move to your own location, or join up with other like-minded people and form “RoL Villages.” One of these is already underway in Newell, north of Rapid City, SD and we have created an initiative for a geothermal-based infrastructure village in Hot Springs, SD.
How do we Apply for Projects?
- Send your resume or a simple e-mail of your skills and background.
RoL Contact Info
What sort of Projects are happening now?
- Finishing the construction of the T.R.E.A.T.Y. Total Immersion School
- Building a prototype of compressed earth, sustainable housing to be used as a dormitory
- Installing 10 – 30kw of wind power
- Construction a micro hydroelectric plant in a ravine adjacent to the school to store electricity for windless days
- Building 2 greenhouses
- Expanding our permaculture orchard of choke cherries and buffalo berries
- VIEW 3-D RENDERINGS OF THE CONSTRUCTION AREA
- We will need carpenters, electricians, plumbers, painters, excavators (septic system), solar technicians, wind turbine technicians, cooks, laborers, architects, engineers.
How do we help the people of the Republic of Lakotah from our current location?
- We have many initiatives with which you can participate with from right where you are now living or during spring and summer visits here. These projects need “champions” who will pick up the ball, organize a team and get projects planned and developed.
- Generate investment and understanding? in local Renewable energy, both solar and wind.
- Creation of Green, sustainable housing (Currently considering compressed earth blocks).
- Permaculture proposals and projects.
- Hydrothermal fish farming and green houses (Hot Springs Project).
- Completion of the T.R.E.A.T.Y. Total Immersion School (Fund Raising, Grant Writing and/or donate at TreatySchool.org).
- If you wish to become a champion, please Contact Us or Join the Community Forums to make new relations and organize ideas and plans with others.
What if my family is indigenous to the Treaty Area?
- If you have, or think you may have, Lakotah ancestry, you can research that? HERE.
- To enroll in the tribe: HERE
“May the Great Mystery continue to guide and protect the paths of you and your loved ones!” – Russell Means