It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:15 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: INDIGENOUS REVENGENCE: THE WHITE FEAR OF SAVAGE REPRISAL
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:43 am 

The secondary point that he, and others like him, demonstrate in their varied responses to my article is that overwhelmingly the “left”, outside of, in my opinion, the broad category of third worldist, whether marxist (of any variety) or anarchist, academic or non, are, on the whole, not friends of Indigenous people, and will not be able to be counted upon as allies in our liberation/decolonization struggle. This is precisely because they cannot make, or rather do not want to make, the conceptual and practical leap towards a genuine anti-colonial politics because they know that do so would mean the betrayal of the parasitic world that they are a part of. I trust my comrads in the Revolutionary Anti-Imperialist Movement, the good folks in the African People’s Solidarity Committee & Uhuru Solidarity Movement, as well as the occasional isolated anarchist comrade. Unfortunately though it should go without saying that they are, in the current juncture, sadly few and fair between vis-à-vis the broad category of “the left” (even as they grow). The kind of unapologetically eurocentric, settlerist, first worldist rubbish demonstrated by the bulk of the north amerikan “left” sadly rules the day. We who see ourselves as part of the Indigenous Liberation/Independence Movement have to come to grips with this unfortunate truth. It also must be noted that most of the people who would claim leadership of our Movement also profoundly miss this. If we sit and wait for even the most “woke” sectors of the settler population to “come to their senses” and “see the real enemy” we’re frankly going to be waiting here for another 500 years. I can’t wait that long? Can you?

https://onkwehonwerising.wordpress.com/ ... -reprisal/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: INDIGENOUS REVENGENCE: THE WHITE FEAR OF SAVAGE REPRISAL
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:45 am 

The kind of unapologetically eurocentric, settlerist, first worldist rubbish demonstrated by the bulk of the north amerikan “left” sadly rules the day. We who see ourselves as part of the Indigenous Liberation/Independence Movement have to come to grips with this unfortunate truth. It also must be noted that most of the people who would claim leadership of our Movement also profoundly miss this. If we sit and wait for even the most “woke” sectors of the settler population to “come to their senses” and “see the real enemy” we’re frankly going to be waiting here for another 500 years. I can’t wait that long? Can you?

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]